Monday, February 13, 2012

Negative Canvas Painting

This project is super easy and turns out great! 
All you need is a canvas, fabric, alphabet letters, a stapler, and paint!


I started off by laying the fabric over the front of the canvas. I flipped it over and began to staple the fabric to the back of the canvas. As you come around to do the sides, make sure that you pull it vary tight otherwise it will be all baggy.
When you get the the corners you want to fold them as you would a present so they are nice and square.



One that is done, you want to decide what you are going to write on your canvas!
I chose to so the last two lines of my brother's favorite Robert Frost poem <3
I, then, cut out the letters that I was going to use so that I could play with the arrangement on the canvas before sticking them. When I was satisfied, I peeled them off and stuck them on!


(I chose to do two different fonts switching between capital and lowercase)
When they were all stuck on, I painted over the entire thing!
(I wanted to frame it a little bit so I left about and inch around the outside where I just brushed the paint over it lightly!)


When it was all dry, I peeled off the stickers and I was done!



"I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference". -RF



1 comment:

  1. Nice post,your artwork is great.Abstract Painting, a purest form of expression, corresponds to human feelings and emotions. In Abstract painting, artists make inspiring use of the visual language of shape, line, color and form, thus giving birth to a composition that may exist with a certain degree of independence from visual references.

    ReplyDelete