Monday, February 13, 2012

DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vase

While taking a walk the other day, I stumbled across an old Jack Daniel's bottle. It was clean, empty, and label-less so of course I knew I had to take it home to craft with! I instantly got the idea of making a vase, but I wasn't sure If I should Mod Podge pictures to it? Maybe Mod Podge tissue paper around it? But I decided I really just wanted to give it a bold look, so I painted it all white!

First, I took the bottle home, placed it in a large pot of water and boiled it. 


Then, I simply used a matte white spray paint and coated the bottle about 3 times, 
letting each layer dry in-between.
To avoid drips, you want to make sure that you don't spray too much paint on at one time!



And that's it! Super easy and it looks adorable.
I needed to bring some spring into my dreary winter...
(the flower was purchased at Michael's for a little over a dollar.)




1 comment:

  1. you’ll be faced with a bittersweet drink-it-or-lose-it policy at best, RS Glass Bottle

    ReplyDelete