Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Scrabble Tile Coasters!


So, I saw this post on Pinterest and I thought it would be so fun and easy to make! (Especially for a Christmas gift if you have that family member that LOVES board games.) 
So, All you need is:
  • Scrabble game, for tiles
  • Scissors or X-acto knife
  • Mod Podge
  • Cork sheet, if desired. 

I started by opening up my Scrabble game and taking the pieces out, I organized them into words on my cork sheet (my coasters were 4x4, so I chose four 4 letter words for each coaster) and then divided them into coasters.


 

 Then, I glued each tile to the cork (you can use the Mod Podge, or other crafting glue) and then cut each coaster out. After the coasters were apart, I covered each one with several layers or Mod Podge...
letting each layer dry completely in between.

 

In addition to the set of four coasters I made as a gift, I decided to make one for myself! 
This one is True Blood / vampire themed. (Yes, I know I was missing a B...I had to improvise)


And I decided to get SUPER crafty and even make a holder for the coasters to go in!
I made this using the Scrabble game board and extra cork sheets for the sides!


 And, there ya go! Fast, Easy, Crafty.



Also, with the left over Scrabble tiles I decided to make a quick Christmas tree ornament!




 

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. this is an awesome idea im totally going to try it

    ReplyDelete