Thursday, December 22, 2011

Picture Plaques!

While browsing online I kept stumbling across very cute decorative frames, that almost made the picture look like it was mounted on a plaque! Something like this:
And for the life of me, I could not find frames like this anywhere! So, I decided I could make something similar!
I started off buying small wooden plaques (from Walmart for less than a dollar), 
some paints, and I already had some Mod Podge laying around the house!
 The  wooden plaques I decided to use were a little bigger than a standard 4x6 picture, 
you could of course use larger or smaller plaques!

I used 5 plaques and painted them all different colors. Black, Grey, Cream, and a contrasting Pink.
I painted the plaques and waited for them to dry.
(the wood dries fairly quick!)


Then, I used a little Mod Podge on the back of the picture to help in adhere to the frame. Placed the picture in the center of the plaque and applied Mod Podge over the entire thing.
(Don't worry about the Mod Podge ruining the pictures, it doesn't wrinkle or run the colors.)
Letting it dry in-between, I applied several layers.
When they were all good and dry, I stapled ribbon to the back and hot-glued some handmade bows in the center!
They are very easy to hang, a simple nail will do!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment